Notices

Thread: vBulletin 4.2 Released - Style Update Complete

Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

1. vBulletin 4.2 Released - Style Update Complete 
    Blog Entries
    Hello,

vBulletin announced the release of vBulletin 4.2, which is a major release. This release comes with new features like activity stream and some bug fixes.

All of our vBulletin 4.x styles have been upgraded to vBulletin 4.2.0. You can safely upgrade your forums to latest version and download the latest 4.2.0 vBulletin skins from the dashboard.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to join the discussion.

Regards,
    Ketan
    Last edited by Ketan; 26-05-12 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Update Complete

Thanks a lot Ketan! Looking forward to upgrading to 4.2.

Ok! We wait for new releases, good job.

Thanks =).

Blog Entries
    Hello Everybody,

All of our vBulletin 4.x styles have been upgraded to vBulletin 4.2.0. You can safely upgrade your forums to latest version and download the latest 4.2.0 vBulletin skins from the dashboard.

If you have any issues with updated styles, then please use Bug Tracker to report the issues.

Regards,
    Ketan

There aren't any instructions for Upgrading styles.

Should we select "Merge Into Style" or "Create New Style" every-time a new upgrade is out ?

thanks

Blog Entries
    To upgrade the styles, you can merge into existing style or create a new style. However, with upgrades, you may have to do some of the modifications again. So ideally, its best to install as a new style, so you have a backup of old style in case you want to refer some of the old changes.

Regards,
    Ketan

Just wanted to say thank you Ketan for keeping the theme updates incoming with the vBulletin updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
    To upgrade the styles, you can merge into existing style or create a new style. However, with upgrades, you may have to do some of the modifications again. So ideally, its best to install as a new style, so you have a backup of old style in case you want to refer some of the old changes.

Regards,
    Ketan
    Ketan,

When upgrading to a new vB version, I created a new style with Aria 4.2.0. Is there any way for me to see what changes I made in Aria 4.1.12 so that I can make those modifications again in 4.2.0? I use Notepad++ to compare files but is there a way I can download all of my 4.1.12 templates and the 4.2.0 templates as regular files so that I can compare them? Or is there any better way to do this?

Or also do you have a list of the templates that you have changed in 4.2.0 compared to 4.1.12? That way I could see which ones you've changed and wouldn't have to compare every single customized template that shows up in red to see if there's any changes.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rehan; 07-08-12 at 08:53 PM.