Notices

Thread: Skins and Hacks

Reply to Thread
  1. Skins and Hacks 
    I am almost done with my board and just realized that the hacks that I updated did not move over to the brand spanking new skin I bought (Blue Fox FTW!).

What is the best way to install skins so that any future updates will be caught? Do you make one style the parent so that any template changes fall into all the skins below? I still have my old design and was wonderful what the best way was to keep both in the future.

Blog Entries
    We can't guarantee that all hacks will work with our skins, but assuming the hack will, you will need to take whatever code you had to manually add into your skin css files on the old skin and put it into your new one.

The maker of the hack should have more instructions on this.
    » Sektor
    » vBStyles.com Staff
    » Like my post? +Rep me!
    » Please, do not PM me for support.

Quote Originally Posted by Sektor View Post
    We can't guarantee that all hacks will work with our skins, but assuming the hack will, you will need to take whatever code you had to manually add into your skin css files on the old skin and put it into your new one.

The maker of the hack should have more instructions on this.
    Hi Sektor! Thank you so much for responding. The reason I am asking is that I wanted to have multiple choices for my forum. I was told that if I had a top level skin and edited that then all the skins underneath would take on those file edits. It didn't sound correct to me so I wanted to make sure. All hacks that I use work with the skin so far. It's more the file edits I am worried about (adding navbar buttons, etc...). Did they tell me the right thing? If I did this: VB Skin: 1. Bluefox 2. Light skin 3. Seasonal skin And edited the files on the VB Skin would the three other skins have those edits?

Blog Entries
    No, that is incorrect. No matter what you try and do, each skin you edit only affects that skin, and no other skin would take those edits. Even if you had a parent skin and child skin.
    » Sektor
    » vBStyles.com Staff
    » Like my post? +Rep me!
    » Please, do not PM me for support.