Notices

Thread: What support system would you prefer to use on vbstyles.com Discussion Thread :)

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Smile What support system would you prefer to use on vbstyles.com Discussion Thread :) 
    Blog Entries
    Please use this thread to discuss the "What support system would you prefer to use on vbstyles.com?" announcement.

Jason Amison Guest
    Like I said in this post: http://www.vbstyles.com/forum/showpo...89&postcount=7

Forums for me. However, I still believe we should use the Project Tools still for all bug reports. Also, like I've already submitted to you, use the blog as a dev blog to keep everyone updated. (Anyone agree?)
    Last edited by Jason Amison; 07-07-08 at 07:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    It depends a bit on what your exact definition is of support.
    Since helpdesk + forums didn’t show on the list I did go for helpdesk.

I think the project tools are a great feature if you’d like to submit bugs, supply small unannounced fixes, etc.

The forums can be used for global support, given by the author or moderators, or by customers who just happen to know.

I do think the helpdesk should be an available solution as well, because here it would be possible to give more 1-on-1 support. Share FTP or login details, etc.

Basically I don’t think people would like to see anything changed, just more.

As for the dev blog, vbstyles already has one, although it could be better announced http://www.myvbulletinblog.com/
    www.letsgather.com - message boards, profiles, movies, music, and blogs.
    www.paganfolk.net - green is the new black.
    www.vbstyles.com - our own vision of what the default vbulletin skin should have been.

Jason Amison Guest
    HelpDesk is already being used. I suggested to use the forums, and have a sub-forum for each style that is created. This in turn helps everyone involved and makes it a lot easier for everyone.

Also, I mean using the blog installed here as the dev blog. This will help to keep everyone updated on what's happening. Once everything has been soughted, myself and Miko will fix any bugs on styles and get to work on another style release.

Jason Amison Guest
    Another idea would to be have a "Live Chat" too.... Not for support, but for pre-sales questions. Of course, still keep the Pre-Sales forum, as someone cannot be on 24 hours a day. Just a thought.

To be honest with you, it seems like the last 2-3+ years... there hasn't been any new themes. maybe 1 or 2..

Everytime I go to vbstyles.com, I see changes in ticket system, support system, new version of support, back to old support, lack of support, promised of better support, server change, etc. etc. Who cares..

Just focus on what you do best (which i think it is creating vb skins). We don't care about 100% perfect support. It would be nice to have great support.. but it would be 100% better to have new killer skins.

Thanks, Mike

Blog Entries
    I picked the forums. Only way others can help just in case you can't. :P
    » Sektor
    » vBStyles.com Staff
    » Like my post? +Rep me!
    » Please, do not PM me for support.

Blog Entries
    Looks like the forum is going to be....
    I will wait a few more days and then implement the appropriate changes.

do the forums

Whichever offers the most expeditious response.