Notices

Thread: What support system would you prefer to use on vbstyles.com Discussion Thread :)

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taragon View Post
    I do think the helpdesk should be an available solution as well, because here it would be possible to give more 1-on-1 support. Share FTP or login details, etc.
    I agree with this! Forums can be used for support however a helpdesk is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by supportskins View Post
    I agree with this! Forums can be used for support however a helpdesk is a must.
    What good is a helpdesk that doesn't respond? I have two open helpdesk tickets that haven't been replied to in days.

Quote Originally Posted by kevmac View Post
    What good is a helpdesk that doesn't respond? I have two open helpdesk tickets that haven't been replied to in days.
    Well there would be a good reason behind it. It does not mean one should not have a helpdesk. You should receive a reply soon.

Blog Entries
    Also this addon would be great for this board I guess

Forum-wide Search For Unanswered Threads
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...swered+threads

perhaps in combination with this one:

Search For Unanswered Threads By Forum
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...swered+threads
    Last edited by Taragon; 14-08-08 at 07:06 AM.
    www.letsgather.com - message boards, profiles, movies, music, and blogs.
    www.paganfolk.net - green is the new black.
    www.vbstyles.com - our own vision of what the default vbulletin skin should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by supportskins View Post
    Well there would be a good reason behind it. It does not mean one should not have a helpdesk. You should receive a reply soon.
    There may very well be a good reason behind it, but I'm not sure how you expect customers like me to understand that. I opened a ticket two weeks ago that has yet to be resolved, but still the ticket was closed because there was no response to the ticket for 72 hours. Yet, I see forum inquiries regarding new sales being answered. With that in mind, what benefit does a customer in my situation see in your existing helpdesk system? Why not just use the forum and make all issues public knowledge?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmac View Post
    There may very well be a good reason behind it, but I'm not sure how you expect customers like me to understand that. I opened a ticket two weeks ago that has yet to be resolved, but still the ticket was closed because there was no response to the ticket for 72 hours. Yet, I see forum inquiries regarding new sales being answered. With that in mind, what benefit does a customer in my situation see in your existing helpdesk system? Why not just use the forum and make all issues public knowledge?
    Assuming you already have access to your download/member area, is there anything particular people might be able to assist you with in between?
    Last edited by Taragon; 18-08-08 at 02:14 PM.
    www.letsgather.com - message boards, profiles, movies, music, and blogs.
    www.paganfolk.net - green is the new black.
    www.vbstyles.com - our own vision of what the default vbulletin skin should have been.

Kevmac the closing of tickets is automated so there's nothing that can be done about that but even though it has been closed we know which tickets still need seeing to.

I'm sorry for the delay in resolving your ticket but as i said in my reply to you Miko is the only one that can move you to the new members area and he seems to be unavailable at the moment.

I answer ALL tickets but unfortunately i cannot resolve member area tickets.

-Guisti.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisti View Post
    Kevmac the closing of tickets is automated so there's nothing that can be done about that but even though it has been closed we know which tickets still need seeing to.

-Guisti.
    Seriously? I too use Kayako, and it's a setting to have the tickets closed automatically. "Unset" it. I love when people blame technology for shortcomings - "sorry, there's nothing I can do to help you my computer won't let me make that change..."

Quote Originally Posted by Guisti View Post
    I answer ALL tickets but unfortunately i cannot resolve member area tickets.

-Guisti.
    Really? I submitted a fairly simple one last week (which is now closed), that was never replied to.

This site seems to be taking a downward turn which is disappointing because you make some of the nicest. most solid styles. There are announcements about new acquisitions / styles coming in a few days (made in January), then no more info to follow up. Many customers seem to be frustrated about not getting help with simple questions. Hopefully things will get better.

I'd like one that responded to my tickets!

Sounds harsh but come on guys.

Can someone look at ticket ID UPI-589431

I've been charged twice (one being a paypal echeque) can you cancel please. This had lowered my confidence in vbstyles, I may now not even apply the skin, what support would I have?

Jason Amison Guest
    I suspect Miko is very busy -- I have no idea, though. I was meant to be joining the team here, in an effort to push out more styles and to give speed & efficient support. I don't think that's happening now..