Notices

Thread: Before purchase...

Reply to Thread
  1. Before purchase... 
    I have some very important questions to ask before I make a decision as whether or not to purchase a skin. I already have a forum site up and running since 11/’07 using vBulletin and vBadvanced CMPS.
    It uses the default VB skin albeit I made numerous changes as to its color scheme and the addition of custom icons and status buttons. I’ve made a decision to start another forum site aside from my current one. The skins seem really nice and it would also save me a lot of trouble in going through the whole mess of entering yet another color scheme so, a skin seems the way to go. Herein lays my questions:

1. Can you do the installation and what would be the price?
    2. If I so desire can I change the colors via the Styles and Templates/Main CSS and StyleVars?
    3. Can I install custom icons of my choice i.e., status icons, post icons, etc.?I
    4. If I add additional links on the Navigation bar will they work out OK as to the skin style?
    5. Can I add on an additional Navigation bar OK and will it work out as in question 4?
    6. Will the skin automatically integrate itself with vBadvanced CMPS Homepage?
    7. Right now I just have the site up but it does not as of yet have any forums listed and is still essentially bare bones. Is it OK to have the skin installed now even if I do not yet have the CMPS Homepage up yet?
    8. I have absolutely no knowledge of PhotoShop or HTML coding. With that said how good is the support here?
    9. When a skin is purchased does it come in both sizes, i.e. (+)?
    10. How long does it take for installation if you do it?

~Fill

Blog Entries
    Hi Fill,

Let me try to answer all of your questions:

1. Can you do the installation and what would be the price?
    Yes we can, at US$25
    Installation time are 48 hours from the time that you submit your server and vbulletin information to our support desk

2. If I so desire can I change the colors via the Styles and Templates/Main CSS and StyleVars?

Yes you can modify the skin in any way you like, you can even use the skin images on your own website (as long as it's located on the same domain name as the forum license)
    The only thing you cannot do is redistribute any of the images or templates even if they have been modified by you.

3. Can I install custom icons of my choice i.e., status icons, post icons, etc.?I
    Sure

4. If I add additional links on the Navigation bar will they work out OK as to the skin style?
    Yes
    But be aware that Aria and Juice skins are a bit more complicated as they have advanced fading roll overs navigation menu.
    All other skins are quite easy to modify

5. Can I add on an additional Navigation bar OK and will it work out as in question 4?
    Yes it can be done... but it depends on your skill level with vbulletin templates system.

6. Will the skin automatically integrate itself with vBadvanced CMPS Homepage?

Most skins do, however you will need to edit a few css images paths
    and change them from:
    /images/skin_name/ to http://yoursite.com/forum/images/skin_name/

7. Right now I just have the site up but it does not as of yet have any forums listed and is still essentially bare bones. Is it OK to have the skin installed now even if I do not yet have the CMPS Homepage up yet?
    Sure no difference what so ever if you do it now or later.

8. I have absolutely no knowledge of PhotoShop or HTML coding. With that said how good is the support here?
    We have an help desk, a bug tracker for official support and a customers only forums for you to chat and exchange info with other users.
    We only offer support for Jelsoft product, vBulletin, project tools and blog module.
    We cannot offer support for 3rd party modifications.

9. When a skin is purchased does it come in both sizes, i.e. (+)?
    Yes all of our skins do:

You can test all of our skins on our demo forum here:
    www.vbstyles.com/demo/

Here is a legend of the different skin names:

+ = indicate a skin with 100% width
    # = Indicate a the legacy postbit

10. How long does it take for installation if you do it?
    48 hours from the time that you submit your server and vbulletin admincp information.