Notices

Thread: Tech2 Colours

Reply to Thread
  1. Question Tech2 Colours 
    Hi,

I have just installed the Tech2 style on my site and I've discovered that the colour could be interpreted as being politically incorrect in relation to my site content (long story :Crunk: ). Is it possible to change the orange and blue horizontal bars (top and bottom of the page) to another colour.

Cheers,
    Steve

This should be possible but I don't know where these settings are stored in the Techtwo style.

I mean there should be one (or two) gif files in the misc folder (top.gif, top_bg.gif....). You can customize these image or create a new one. If you've found this "background" image and you don't have Photoshop or else I can modify this image for you.

Thanks again. It was actually header.gif - I've changed the colours to something more acceptable .

One other thing while I'm here . . . . I cannot get the new style to apply to the forum home page. Not the "forumhome" (showing all the forums - that one is fine) but a page created with the same style sheet which is the default page of the site. When tech2 is selected, it changes the main colour to silver, but the logo does not appear and the links in the NAVBAR don't work.

This page was created by someone else and I always struggle to get things on it to match the style of the rest of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_2 View Post
    One other thing while I'm here . . . . I cannot get the new style to apply to the forum home page. Not the "forumhome" (showing all the forums - that one is fine) but a page created with the same style sheet which is the default page of the site. When tech2 is selected, it changes the main colour to silver, but the logo does not appear and the links in the NAVBAR don't work.
    Hmm, that's not easy for me

Is the "default page" a normal HTML file or a portal like vBadvanced? Have you used the vBulletin standard style before? Maybe the page contains some hardcoded paths to the images?

Sorry, I've no more ideas because I don't know how the additional site is integrated in your forum.

5. Thumbs up  
    I thought that would be the case. Thanks for the info anyway I'll have to try and figure it out.

I should have said that the home page is using VBAdvanced CMPS 2.1.0. Does that help with a possible solution?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Try going to style settings and change all instances in your image paths from

images/techtwo/xxxx/xxxxx

to

../forum/images/techtwo/xxxx/xxxxx.

That is if your vb is installed in a dir called forum. If not then change forum to your dir name ../your_dir_name/images/techtwo/xxxx/xxxxx. Then do the same in all your css settings below that. The xxxx just refer to the various paths after which do not need to be altered.

An example i my case would be changing title image from

images/techtwo/misc/logo.gif

to

../forum/images/techtwo/misc/logo.gif
    Last edited by Devices; 26-09-06 at 04:09 AM.

Thanks!! That did the trick. I changed everything that was /images/xxxx to ../forum/images/xxxx and now the style has applied correctly.

The only bit that doesn't work are the links from the Navbar. I can't find somewhere obvious where these are referenced. Could you maybe help me out with those?

Cheers for your help so far.

9. Talking  
    Somehow I seem to have picked up 2 ID's here - both the "Steve's" are me in any case.

Blog Entries
    Ok Steve. I replied about the navbar fix on the other thread http://www.vbstyles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3218

Save me posting twice.