Notices

Thread: Afterdark 3.6.1 Discussion

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Afterdark 3.6.1 Discussion 
    Blog Entries
    You can use this thread to discuss the "Afterdark 3.6.1" announcement :Shocked:

Sweet jesus! It's finally here! Thank you, Miko, and keep up the good work.
    Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon

thanks, I'll upgrade tomorrow
    -CP-

how do I upgrade to this from 3.6.0 without having to re-upload the entire style and painstakingly re-apply all my customisations?

is there an easy way ?

Quote Originally Posted by majorj0nny View Post
    how do I upgrade to this from 3.6.0 without having to re-upload the entire style and painstakingly re-apply all my customisations?

is there an easy way ?
    There was a hack on vBulletin.org for 3.5.x that allowed you to easily upgrade templates, but I'm not sure if it has been released for 3.6.x or if it works for 3.6.x
    -CP-

Quote Originally Posted by -CP- View Post
    There was a hack on vBulletin.org for 3.5.x that allowed you to easily upgrade templates, but I'm not sure if it has been released for 3.6.x or if it works for 3.6.x
    thanks for that

does anyone know if theres a list of the exact changes between 3.6.0 and 3.6.1, as Im loathed to have to fully upload all files and upload new styles only to have to re-apply all my sites customisations again - if the only change is just the navbar image bug fix?

Im also having problems with 3.6.0 version of afterdark in that postbit and postbit_legacy both reference postbit_fade.gif while that actual file does not exist. this is bringing up billions of errors as the file cannot be found... I was wondering if afterdark 3.6.1 addresses these issues also?

if its a case of a few minor changes such as the navbar image fix - then Im sure it doesnt need me to fully re-install the entire style.

found the hack i was talking about: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102416

the postbit_fade.gif isn't corrected in 3.6.1, I still get the errors in my errorlog,

on vbuletin.com they have a list of templates changed: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...54&postcount=2 but they dont specify all of the exact changes,
    -CP-

I don't think it's a good idea to use that mod but if you wanna make sure that everything works JUST fine, install the latest version of that skin and re-do the customizations. That's what I do, at least.
    Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea to use that mod but if you wanna make sure that everything works JUST fine, install the latest version of that skin and re-do the customizations. That's what I do, at least.
    I also do that, he just wanted an easy way to upgrade the skins without having to do all the customizations again, and that is an easy way
    -CP-

thanks guys ... now that yet another VB update has been released I might as well install that - then the latest vbstyles afterdark version ... then do the custom bits by hand ..

will wait till the 3.6.2 afterdark comes out though to do this.

on another note - perhaps vbstyles could devise an easier method of updating style versions than having to fully re-upload the entire style again..

I suppose it depends on just what is different from one version to the next - but if its a very simple change ... you know.