Notices

Thread: Get rid of login/register section

Reply to Thread
  1. Get rid of login/register section 
    I have integrated my vbulliten forums to work with my X-Cart store. It only works one way though. If you register into the store then it will automatically register you into the forums. What I'm wanting to do is totally replace the login section on the top of the forums and have it say something like. "Please register at the store" and have a link to click on. Not sure what I have to edit to do this.

Which style? Do you use the vbulletin standard style or one style from vbstyles?

You can change the template "navbar" for that. Look for

Code:
    <if condition="$show['registerbutton']">
    			<td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="register.php$session[sessionurl_q]" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[register]</a></td>
    		</if>
    and change the url to your register page to your url from your x-cart register.php. Every time a user clicks on this link he will be redirected.

Then look for the section "<!-- login form -->" in the same template. These is the code for the two login boxes for the username and password. You can either remove this section completely (from <!-- login form --> to "<!-- / login form -->" or write your own code in these section.

I would prefer the use of the welcome headers from vbulletin.org because you can write your own welcome message with instructions how the users should register.

Blog Entries
    You can do that by removing the login box from the navbar template.

cool I'll give it a try and post my results. The issue I would have is a customer would register into the forum then when they went to purchase something from the store and had to register to do that it would say "email address is already in the database" Then the customer could not complete his transaction.

Idealy it would be nice to just place the same login/register box into the forums that is for my Xcart store but I'm not at that level yet.