Notices

Thread: vB 3.6 beta 1

Reply to Thread
  1. vB 3.6 beta 1 
    Hmm, I'm just about finished implementing the styles and mods I like and they go and make improvements.

I can't wait to upgrade.

I also hope all of the mods and styles are updated soon (hint hint).

Blog Entries
    I would like to see vbulletin 3.6 too but currently is not released to the public ^_^ only vbulletin.com is running 3.6 beta 1, you are going to have to wait a little longer...

Heh, they just released it

I hope 3.6 vbstyles skins are on their way <_<

In the 3 vbstyles templates I have (element, element liquid, mainframe), there were 48 templates to update, so I am dropping element until an official 3.6 version is available. I have updated all mainframe templates, but two are posing huge problems...

The post table is significantly narrower than the main table...it wasn't so on my 3.5.4 template.

The thread names seem to be correctly aligned only if the small status icons are present...

I was forced to switch back to the default vbulletin template for now, but I want to have mainframe up and running ASAP. My forum is at http://themotec.com/Forum.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mokins; 08-06-06 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mokins
    Heh, they just released it

I hope 3.6 vbstyles skins are on their way <_<

In the 3 vbstyles templates I have (element, element liquid, mainframe), there were 48 templates to update, so I am dropping element until an official 3.6 version is available. I have updated all mainframe templates, but two are posing huge problems...

The post table is significantly more thin than the main table...it wasn't so on my 3.5.4 template.
    http://www.vbstyles.com/forum/attach...1&d=1149765679

The thread names seem to be correctly aligned only if the small status icons are present...
    http://www.vbstyles.com/forum/attach...1&d=1149765679

I was forced to switch back to the default vbulletin template for now, but I want to have mainframe up and running ASAP. My forum is at http://themotec.com/Forum.
    I hate to break the news to you, but I don't think this will be the extremely quick fix you are looking for. Of course, it's up to Miko as to how fast the styles will be updated for vB 3.6 Beta 1.

Heh, if you can point me to the problem, I'll be able to fix it. I'm a decent coder here, but I really don't have the nerve to search through dozens of templates for the error- plus, I've used over 4 hours on just updating the new templates.

I guess I'll be on the default skin for a while- not bad, considering all the new features, though.

Thanks for any help, too

Quote Originally Posted by Prodimysterio
    I hate to break the news to you, but I don't think this will be the extremely quick fix you are looking for. Of course, it's up to Miko as to how fast the styles will be updated for vB 3.6 Beta 1.
    I've looked at it a bit more- the vbstyles skins are bugged when run on 3.6. Lots of code modifications will have to be implemented here and there, and then everything will work. I'm not going to waste my time with this one- I'll have my shiny skins back once vbstyles releases 3.6 versions (I do hope that happens soon, lol).

Blog Entries
    Hi,
    Just wanted to let you know that we are not going to release any skins for 3.6 beta 1, since the code is not final and most template will change again with the next few betas.
    Once vbulletin 3.6 is going gold we will re release every skins.