Notices

Thread: Sorry for the inconvenience

Reply to Thread
  1. Exclamation Sorry for the inconvenience 
    Blog Entries
    Looks like we were targeted by some script kids that found an exploit in vbseo and added a iframe tag to the vbseo config file making load of pop up appearing on the website.

I removed vbseo and every other hack from the site and left vbulletin and vbadvanced just to be safe while i do some further investigation on the matter.

Blog Entries
    Further investigation is showing that the problem is not related to vbstyle but the whole server we are hosted on.
    We are working with our host to find out more information on the matter.

Blog Entries
    I would like to add, that even if the vbseo config file was the one modified by the attack, we have reason to believe that vbseo was not the reason of the exploit.

vBStyles was hosted on a semi-shared environment and that is how some kiddy managed to have access to the vbseo config file and change it.

I hope we did not alarm anyone using vbseo.
    vbseo is an excellent product and it served us very well and it's very secure. :thumbup:

A new host was the asnwer of our problems since this is the second time in 1 year that some kids with shell access managed to cause turmoil and increase our work load by 300%

Everything should be back to normal within the next few hours.