Notices

Thread: InvisionFree Rip

Reply to Thread
  1. InvisionFree Rip 
    A user at InvisionFree is currently distributing a modified version of the Satellite skin, without providing proper backlinks to vB Styles and has not obviously applied for licenses for all forums to run this skin, henceforth i have contacted the skin distributer and users running his forum to alter themselves with vB Styles. Perhaps Miko or John could make a post here verifying the matter for which this thread will be used as future reference to this "case"

The Staff Lounge - Your vBulletin Resource.
    vBulletin, InvisionFree, IPB, phpBB and Forum Resources.

What is the url to this site
    Last edited by mikaelweb; 18-12-05 at 02:20 PM.

4. It's not a rip. 
    The skin in question is not a rip, Epsilekt knows better not to rip, he isn't an idiot.

I've removed your links from the topic, MichaelBenson, and Epsilekt will not be punished for something that is not true.

The background, grads and even the hex cods are completely different.

Instead, be proud that someone thinks your skin worth copying, instead of pointing a finger and making false accusations.

Continue to be a bother within the thread in question, and I won't hesitate to warn you.

I'll post this in the topic at the SZ to, just so you are completely aware.

Thank you.

Edit:

Also, do you guys make it common practice to ban random email addresses? I've never even been here before, and yet two of my email addresses are banned.
    Nice marketing technique.
    Last edited by NicolaSZ; 18-12-05 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Most likely your email isnt banned, it may just be the forum software. I own a vB of my own and have had people say they are banned, when I have no one on my ban list.

I wouldnt say the skin is a rip, but we can clearly see where he got the idea of his forum layout from. As a web designer and tutorial writer, we in the industry would consider this a rip, since he/she cant come up with their own layout/colors and has to go off of someone elses.

But in legal matters, everything is fine, and I guess that is all that matters. Either way, the maker of that skin should feel ashamed of himself... even more so seeing that the design is for a graphics forums in itself.
    » Sektor
    » vBStyles.com Staff
    » Like my post? +Rep me!
    » Please, do not PM me for support.

Blog Entries
    Lastly, Not to sound harsh, you shouldnt come around to a forum like this and threaten someone with power you have somewhere else. It just shows cowardness. I am not here to fight you, I am just letting you know that it will be better in the longrun to defend yourself instead of threatening to warn.
    » Sektor
    » vBStyles.com Staff
    » Like my post? +Rep me!
    » Please, do not PM me for support.

Quote Originally Posted by NicolaSZ
    The skin in question is not a rip, Epsilekt knows better not to rip, he isn't an idiot.

I've removed your links from the topic, MichaelBenson, and Epsilekt will not be punished for something that is not true.

The background, grads and even the hex cods are completely different.

Instead, be proud that someone thinks your skin worth copying, instead of pointing a finger and making false accusations.

Continue to be a bother within the thread in question, and I won't hesitate to warn you.

I'll post this in the topic at the SZ to, just so you are completely aware.

Thank you.

Edit:

Also, do you guys make it common practice to ban random email addresses? I've never even been here before, and yet two of my email addresses are banned.
    Nice marketing technique.
    I dont appreciate you extending your moderation reach where it isnt welcome. Make use of the PM system if you have something personal to say, unless, you wanted everyone to know of your all mighty powers. And i doubt that they are individually targetting just you, more like they have decided not to allow accounts with free email addresses such as @gmail, @hotmail, @msn etc .. access to a forum which is for vBulletin owners who would already have a personal website address in order to host their forums in the first place.

The Staff Lounge - Your vBulletin Resource.
    vBulletin, InvisionFree, IPB, phpBB and Forum Resources.

i have send PM to MIKO let´s whait what Miko have to say about this

Nicola

You say this is not a blatant rip of vBStyles Copyrighted Satellite style, but it certainly looks this way to me, and also to several notable people whom I have asked to look at it for me.

I also agree with Mike, one of our staff moderators, and to be totally honest Nicola I don't appreciate the tone in what is your 1st post here on vBStyles. We don't need to be proud that someone finds our skins worth copying... what an absurd comment this is.

As I am sure you are already aware... copying is an illegal activity, it is theft pure and sikple, and we do not welcome it.

If you care to contact me about this, fine... otherwise I will be contacting our relevant anti-piracy and legal representatives.

Please don't treat our staff with disrespect. Thankyou.